Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Actuarial Speculative Fiction (featuring my story)

Every other year, the Society of Actuaries holds a Speculative Fiction Contest.  Any actuary can submit a short story featuring some future view of actuarial applications.  This year they received 23 entries.  You can read all of them here.  My story is the first one on the list, called "Actuarial Weeding."

Anyone (even you) can vote for the best story to determine who gets the "Readers' Choice Award."  I invite you to read through some of these stories, and then send in your vote to Gary Lange (his email address is on the website).  If you happen to vote for my story, I wouldn't mind.  :)

Whatever story you do think is the best, I hope you enjoy looking into the minds of actuarial writers.  You will never be the same again!

No comments: