Sunday, December 5, 2010

Christmas Shopping

It looks like I'll have to take at least a week off of writing (including blogging) in order to get Christmas shopping done.  I guess that's one drawback from doing NaNoWriMo.  During the month of November, every free moment went towards one of two things: writing or relaxing.  I left no time for shopping!

Now here we are in December.  I've been working the last few days on my next blog entry, and it's eating into my Christmas research time (and I haven't even finished it).  So, for my own sanity, I must give up a few things temporarily.

This is a little frustrating, as I'd rather be giving up other stuff.  It shows that writing is a relatively low priority in my life.  It doesn't pay the bills.  It doesn't make my family happy.  It doesn't help me meet my other obligations.  Right now, writing is nothing but a hobby - the cold reality.  My life is just plain busy.

It's so easy to throw up my arms and give up the whole thing and say, "The world doesn't need another writer, anyway."  It would definitely make my life easier.  But then again, I should chill.  I've been working hard this year trying to push forward my non-existent writing career.  I've made great strides.  I can take one week off, and it's not the end of the world.  At least, I think it's not.  :)

Catch you next week!
Mel

No comments: