Saturday, December 25, 2010

What I Got For Christmas

Merry Christmas!

This year, my wife went with the aspiring author theme.  She gave me a moleskine notebook for writing down notes, a copy of the 2011 Novel & Short Story Writer's Market guide, and a copy of the software Scrivener for Mac.

I'm especially excited about that last item.  I had never heard of it before, but it looks like a lot of fun.  In the least, it looks like a better word processor than Word, and it allows you to organize separate files in one big binder (like chapters in a book).  You can also get easy access to your research (not sure how that works yet).  And when you have a finished product, you can export the whole thing (or pieces) into most any useful type of file (doc, pdf, epub, etc.).

Once I use it for awhile, I'll tell you more about it.

Aren't wives great?

No comments: