Thursday, December 30, 2010

Mel-o-rama's Year in Review: 2010

Here ends another year.  Come with me as we journey through that year that was called 2010.  What did I accomplish?

  • I finished the 3rd draft of Escape from the Planet Justice.
  • I researched publishers, sent out query packages for "Escape from the Planet Justice," and got several rejection letters.
  • I completed 10% of the 3rd draft of The Silver Lining.
  • I submitted my already completed short story "A Turn-screw tlhImqaH" once and got my first rejection letter from a magazine.
  • I wrote the short story "When Time Flows West," but I have yet to submit to a magazine.
  • I completed the first draft of the short story "The Depths of Inner Space." (It's nowhere near ready for submission.)
  • I subscribed to my first sci-fi magazine and started building up my (written) sci-fi input.  Of course, the magazine I chose was Orson Scott Card's InterGalactic Medicine Show.
  • I won NaNoWriMo this year while typing out the first 50,348 words of my newest unfinished novel Time Sleuths.  (If you would like to read these hilarious adventures - what I have so far - let me know and I can send you an epub file.)
  • I started this blog - a small step in increasing my online presence (which I hope balloons into something more in the near future).  This includes the following original vignettes:
  • I joined my first writer's network: the North Carolina Writers' Network.
  • I attended my first writer's conference.
It was a fun year.  I'd do it all again!

Mel

No comments: