Tuesday, November 30, 2010

NaNoWriMo - Winner 2010



Yeah!  I did it!  I don't know what the monkey's for, but that's about what I feel like after having written 50,000 words this month.  If you check out my NaNoWriMo profile, you'll see that it says "Winner" now.

Now I can get on with life - do more blogging - start my Christmas shopping - kiss my wife.

If you'd like to see the first chapter, just click on my profile link above and click on "Novel Info".  If you'd like to read the 170+ pages, let me know and I just may share it with you.  But be aware that this is an unedited 1st draft.  It has mistakes.  It also has different styles throughout (not sure which one I'm going with yet).  It's got some pretty funny parts, though.

If you do read through it, I'll ask you (informally - too early for a full critique) what you liked about it so I'll know which parts to milk and how to fix the parts that don't work so well.  

It's been fun.  I'd recommend this exercise to anyone.  If you're a writer, consider starting a novel next November.

Going to bed soon,
Mel

No comments: