Thursday, July 21, 2011

Write 1 Sub 1

I've just joined a new initiative called:


It's such a simple idea: write one story a week (or month) and submit one story a week (or month).  According to the website, Ray Bradbury was known for penning one story a week and submitting.  We know how that worked out for him.  Lucky @#$$@$.

I'm going with the monthly variant, as my stories are a little bit longer than 1000 words.  Starting with July and going through June 2012, I'm going to work on at least one new story, and submit at least one new story each month.  With twelve new gems that magazines will have a hard time rejecting, I am bound to have at least one publication (my ultimate goal).

If you're an aspiring writer, I forward this challenge to you.  Pick your poison: monthly or weekly.

Happy writing!
Mel

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Welcome aboard the Write1Sub1 train! Glad to have you join the throng.