Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Twitter Fiction

Can you write a story in 140 characters or less?  Introducing Twitter Fiction! 

Ernest Hemingway once wrote a story in six words.  The master of brevity, he jammed several emotions into 33 characters.

For Sale: baby shoes, never worn.
I'm no Hemingway (yet), but I can practice.  Here are samples of my first attempts.

Funny:
Sam goes to the moon. He forgets his spacesuit. Mission Control is not happy.

An attempt at double entendre:
Sandra followed me home. I asked Mom, "Can I keep her?" She said, "Yes." Meow!

Plain ridiculous:
UFO landed on house. FBI rebuilt it and moved me out. I can't remember anything.

And finally, six movies rolled together like unused wrapping paper:
Anakin's mom died. He was mad. He had a son, and now he's glad.

Want to see more?  Visit my Tweets: @Melorama2000.  Check back often.  I'll be adding more.  If you like any particular story, feel free to retweet.  Try some stories of your own and send me a link. 

No comments: