Friday, January 6, 2012

2012 Preview

2012 promises to be a great year.  The Mayan calendar runs out.  It's a big election year.  The Olympics will be in London where the flame and what it represents will help release a alien consciousness trapped on our planet by a solar flare.

What will I accomplish?  Could this be the year that I finally get published?  Or will it be the year I give up pursuing foolish dreams?  Here are my plans.  I will:
  • Continue writing, editing, and submitting short stories.  (Though I really want to get back to my novels.)  I'll be following the Write-1 Sub-1 monthly model.
  • Find a new writing group to join, and possibly another critique group.
  • Try out for Orson Scott Card's Boot Camp this summer.
  • Attend one or two conferences.
  • Increase my net.
  • Continue working on my blogs, which includes:
    • Two posts in this blog a week.
    • More attention to my other blog(s).
    • Improving my existing blog(s) to make them more user friendly.
There you have it.  It doesn't sound like much, but if I can accomplish all this, and if I can get just one story published in a SFWA-eligible magazine, then it will really be a good year for me.

What are your plans for the year?  Good luck, and may you have a productive year!

1 comment:

Kate H. said...

Heh, nice Doctor Who reference. ^_^

I hope you do well in the upcoming year. Good luck!