Sunday, November 7, 2010

NaNoWriMo Update

The first week of NaNoWriMo is over, and it was a smashing success for me.  I'm now at 10,145 words - just a tad bit ahead of my schedule.  This completes three chapters.

In Chapter 1, Conner Rosen is propositioned to join the Time Sleuths.  In Chapter 2, he considers the proposition.  In Chapter 3, after we see how deep in the throes of depression he's in, he finally decides to take the case.

Tomorrow I'll start Chapter 4, where he actually begins the first case.

If you'd like to follow my progress, or if you'd like to read Chapter 1, click here, and then click on "Novel Info" to see Chapter 1.  (Keep in mind this is a first draft - we're not allowed to edit - just get words down on paper.) 

This next week, the goal is to write 15,000, which will put me at the 25,000 mark (halfway).

I wish luck to anyone else out there NaNoWriMing.
Mel

No comments: