Sunday, September 12, 2010

Hello World!

This is my first blog.  Ever.  It's even my first blog post.  My wife has a blog.  She has fun with it.  Everyone else has a blog - even my neighbor's dog.  (Not really, but everyone seems to have fun saying that.)

Well, it's my turn.  My blog.  My words.  My chance to say whatever I want.  My place to gather stuff from all over the web and tell you I like them.  Hey - this actually sounds like fun.

This will be my writing blog.  I'm an aspiring writer.  I've finished two books, quite a few short stories, and I've begun bothering publishing houses.  Currently, I'm nobody.  That means it's easy for publishers to reject my stuff.  But one day I'm going to be somebody.  I figured that along the way, I can document my path.  I'll share my frustrations, my successes, my journey to becoming an established author.

I know that I'm not going to have any readers - at least not at first - but if and when I do become famous, I'll have all these blogs archived.  Other aspiring writers can start at the beginning and read how I went from Zero to Hero <Walt Disney reference - groan!>.  Perhaps I'll inspire other writers to not give up.

Or perhaps along the way, I'll make friends with other aspiring writer bloggers and we'll support each other in getting our stuff published.

Or wouldn't it be funny if it's this blog that makes me famous?  Like: that Pioneer Woman, or that Seriously So Blessed woman.  (Okay, my exposure to famous blogs is through my wife.)

Whatever the excuse - whatever happens, here it is: my blog.  Take it for what it's worth.  If you like, tell your friends.  Make comments.  Have fun reading.

And watch out world - here I come!

No comments: