Monday, June 5, 2017

Wonder Woman Saves the Day!



Before I begin my review of Wonder Woman, I should disclose that I'm a big Zack Snyder fan. It's hard for me to watch one of his films and not be entertained. I loved Man of Steel, and I enjoyed Batman v. Superman and Suicide Squad even though both of those movies had plenty to annoy me. I know a lot of people can't stand Snyder's films, and I can see why: the slow pacing, the overly exaggerated violent battle scenes, the plot lines that don't quite work.

I went into the theater fearing the worst: a film I would enjoy, but also a film that would end the Snyder DC run. At first, I was concerned when Amazon ladies went around reciting cliche lines, but after a few minutes, I was hooked. The movie turned out to be great. The story was good, it had good music, good cinematography, good acting, good special effects, good scenes that make you think, and so on.

There were still some slow parts, but overall the plot flowed naturally and organically. One of the villains seemed to be the most human I've seen among the Zack-iverse. The build-up to the big battle scenes was well executed, providing epic scenes that actually deliver.

If you're worried about another Zack flop, worry no longer and get thee to a theater. If you're worried about Wonder Woman being too much for the kiddies, do not worry -- she's covered up most of the time. If you're worried that women played so many roles in producing and directing the movie, get over it, as you'll wish these women did more movies like this.

So go ahead. Take your family and have a fun time watching this "good" DC movie.

No comments: