Friday, June 30, 2017

Checkpoint #3 - 2017

Here is my mid-year progress report. I'm happy to report that I've been busy submitting short stories to magazines. For the first time ever, I had all four available stories out at one time. I'm currently at 5 out of 26 submissions for the year, and I will do another one tomorrow. That will leave 20 more submissions to do in order to meet my goal.

I've also been planning some more short stories to write. Perhaps I can have two or three more ready to go by the end of the year. I need to do at least one flash fiction piece (that is less than 1000 words).

I also believe I have enough in the budget to start finalizing my novel Justice if I wait till fourth quarter. Then it would go out for sale next year.

These past two months, I wrote eleven blog posts, matching my last time's performance -- just over one blog post a week.

Once my Melkim Classical business is launched in August, I'll then have more time for fiction writing, but I think I can begin as early as July with actual writing.

I'm getting excited for returning back to the unwritten stories. They are just waiting to be told!

No comments: