Thursday, January 3, 2013

2013 Preview

2013 is a cool year.  For example, it's the first time in 25 years that the year consists of 4 unique (non-repeating) digits.  And 2 + 0 + 1 = 3.  Awesome!  And that whole Mayan thing?  Well, we all know now that the world didn't end.  But was something supposed to happen?  Like the stars switching hemispheres or something else cool?  Man!  Perhaps the Mayans shouldn't have used the Aztec Sun of Stone!


For this upcoming year, I'm going to keep it simple.  My main goal:

Get ... Published ... Somewhere.

I've gone too long without a credit to my name.  My best shot is to get my short stories in good shape, now that I know what to do.  Basically, "Butt In Chair" and fingers to the keyboard.  Write new story.  Send it to be critiqued.  Make revisions.  Submit to magazine.  Rinse and repeat.  Get rejection.  Send it right back out unless I see something that really needs editing.

... and hopefully by December 31, it'll be: "We regretfully inform you ..." Wait!  It doesn't say "regretfully."  This isn't a rejection letter!  What is this strange e-mail doing in my inbox?

Other than this simple plan, I'll plan to attend at least one writer's conference this year, funds permitting.  And I'll work some more on my blog(s).

Good luck to your writing career this year.  What do you hope to accomplish?

No comments: