Monday, July 2, 2018

2018 Checkpoint #3

I'm happy to report that my new goal system appears to be a success. Over the past two months, I've noticed that depression has been way down. I don't feel so stuck anymore. I still get depressed over world events sometimes, but I've learned a trick in that area: stay away from the news! Last week was awesome while I was on vacation.

My biggest milestone is: I've started writing fiction again! Yay! It hasn't been much, but just doing it makes me feel good.

And yes, I have plenty of excuses for my low output: pressures from my music business, the day job sucking the life out of me, getting caught up with organizing the home, and so on. You've heard it all before, but this time it's okay, because I see a path now. Things are getting done. Once I put a task on my list, it will get done, even if it takes a couple of weeks to get around to it.

I expect that as I push forward, things will start gaining momentum, and I'll be able to do things faster.

My plans are to first spit out some shorter fiction pieces, and then move on to some moderately longer ones I've been planning. And then perhaps by the end of the year, I'll start working on my books again.

I'm also going to spend more time in the near future working on my Mormon blog, as I'd like to relate some recent stories and experiences -- and evidently it's easier to write when you have something to say.

I've got more plans for what comes next, and I will succeed.

No comments: