Thursday, May 2, 2019

2019 Checkpoint #2

One-third of the way done with the year. The time is flying fast. And what have I done?

My writing success has been off and on. The one-hour-a-day approach has been helpful in helping me push forward. I completed the one short story "The Immortal Actuary," and I've gone back to working on "Descendant History." That last one needs more research and world building, and then I need to throw out everything and try again.

Evidently, the one-hour-a-day approach also takes up a lot of time, taking away from my music ventures. It's almost as if I need to find a balance between all the things I wish to accomplish. Weird!

Stresses from the day job still sucks up much energy leaving little for after-work activities. But I'm doing whatever I can. Sometimes it feels like I'm just going from one thing to the next until I crash at night. It can be both fun and tiring at the same time.

Looking ahead, the next two months are for bringing together all the hymns and songs I've been writing for my church's call for additions to the hymnal and primary songbook. Part of this includes having to write lyrics for two of my hymns -- first time I've tried to do this. July 1st is the deadline, and then time should free up for other activities.

I also need to think about starting up the story submissions machine again. Maybe this time I'll have a hit. And then when I get enough energy, I'll finally get back to finishing my first book, "Justice" so it can be published. After reviewing it a couple of months ago, I see several opportunities for improvement.

So many ideas and so little time!

I hope you all are doing well.

No comments: